Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: stylesheets availability

I understand that they are improvements. They should not
be changes in the elements meaning, for example. I have
found, thought, thast it is not an easy task to migrate
to a new version if you have made an extensive to medium
customization. This is just my own experience, and could be
that I'm not doing it the right way.

Regards,

Juan R. Migoya

camille@mandrakesoft.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was packaging stylesheets-1.59 and came through various problems
> because I tried to make it live along with 1.57, and not replace it.
> But is that really necessary?
> Do users really need the various versions of the stylesheets available
> simply by not removing the old one, or does the difference between
> stylesheets make this useless?
>
> In other words: does a stylesheet version means a different package as a
> new DTD do, or simply improvements?
>
> thanks for your opinion, Camille.

Juan R. Migoya
Ingelectric-Team, S.A.