Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Saxon and Catalog classes

I tried the naive approach described in the Filters section of the SAX2
docs., but it doesn't seem to work.  I subclassed XMLFilterImpl; I called
setParent( new com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXDriver() ) in the constructor; I
overrode resolveEntity to dispatch to a CatalogEntityResolver.  It dies
with an error message at run time:

     doc$ java -Dxml.catalog.files="$SGML_CATALOG_FILES"
com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -x Driver_jcw foo.xml bar.xsl
     Resolved: -//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1//EN
             file:/d:/util/sgml/docbookx/docbookx.dtd
     Transform
failed:  d:\clearcase\win-quality\vobs\auto\doc\ent\iso-amsa.ent (The
     system cannot find the path specified)

It's finding "ent/iso-amsa.ent" in docbookx/dbcentx.mod, but the path is wrong.

If I don't set xml.catalog.files, then it works fine, but that means I'm
pulling the DTD from the oasis-open.org.  The reason I started looking at
catalogs is because the XSL processor stopped working when the OASIS site
went down.

I'm pretty sure the catalog classes work.  I can use the XT wrapper, and I
can call the catalog sample app.:

     doc$ java -Dxml.catalog.files="$SGML_CATALOG_FILES" catalog -s public
"ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Math Symbols: Arrow Relations//EN"
     Resolved: file:/d:/util/sgml/entities/8879/ISOamsa

This isn't finding the file I expect.  That file is left over from when I
used DocBook SGML and the DSSSL stylesheets.  If I take those old catalog
files out of the xml.catalog.files, then I get what I expect:

     doc$ java -Dxml.catalog.files="d:/util/sgml/docbookx/docbook.cat"
catalog -s public "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Math Symbols: Arrow
Relations//EN"
     Resolved: file:/d:/util/sgml/docbookx/ent/iso-amsa.ent

Anyhow, I guess I've been wasting my time.  I look forward to your classes,
Norm.

--
Jon Willeke, Quality Engineer
InterSystems Corp.