Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Using entities (or DSSSL) to INCLUDE / IGNORE text

/ Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> was heard to say:
| With nsgmls and jade/openjade I can pass a command line parameter to
| make an entity have it's option as INCLUDE. I need to change that
| behaviour for some documents to make it define then as IGNORE. There
| seems to be no option to do that in jade/openjade at convertion time.
| Is it possible?

You could write a custom driver that defined them as IGNORE and then
included the original version. Also, for mutually exclusive PEs, I
do something like this:

<!ENTITY % print "IGNORE">
<![%print;[
<!ENTITY % online "IGNORE">
]]>
<!ENTITY % online "INCLUDE">

This makes the value of online 'INCLUDE' by default but 'IGNORE' if
print is 'INCLUDE'.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--