Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Problem with chunk.xsl and Xalan

Hi,

I'm new to DocBook, so excuse me if this has been previous thread. I've
scanned the archives without success.

I have a problem "chunking" a docbook XML document. My environment is:

 * DocBook 4.0 DTD 4.1.2
 * Norman Walsh's XSL stylesheets for HTML, v1.25
 * Xalan 1.2.2 with Xerces 1.2.2 (JDK v1.2.2_01)
 * Windows NT Workstation 4.0

I can get the output in a single document using docbook.xsl, but when I try
with chunk.xsl, I get a lot of errors stating that "parent of xsl:fallback
must be an extension element!"

I realize the comment in Norman's site for v1.24 of his shylesheets:

 "If you're using XalanJ1, make sure you have a version that includes the
changes made on 06 Nov 2000 to support xsl:fallback"

Nevertheless, I've just downloaded the last version of Xalan, so can someone
tell me where can I get the "06 Nov 2000" version? Is it better to use
another tool like Saxon?

Another thing: I was first working with LotusXSL v1.0.1, which uses Xalan
behing, but I had the same problem. When I tried the last version of Xalan
directly, the time to parse docbook.xsl passed from 6 to 29 seconds. Is this
normal?

Thanks in advance!

/Enrique