Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Norm : Bug in the 1.27 fo XSL stylesheets ?

/ Stéphane Bline <sbline@apsydev.com> was heard to say:
| Yes indeed but neither FOP nor XEP render this properly (no page numbers in
| the TOCs for chapters). Whereas with the patch they do.
| But then again, maybe both of them are not conforming to the formating
| recommandations of the specs. I'm not sure...

The description of fo:page-number-citation in the CR draft says:

    The cited page-number is the number of the page containing,
    as a descendant, the first normal area returned by the
    formatting object with an id trait matching the ref-id trait
    of the fo:page-number-citation (the referenced formatting
    object).

Therefore I argue that putting the ID on the page sequence is
perfectly legitimate and the FOP and XEP implementations are
incorrect.

I don't want to put the ID on the title block because

  1. The thing being identified is logically the whole page sequence.
  2. The title might have an ID as well.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--