Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XSL HTML stylesheets: support for DOCTYPE?

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 02:56:42PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> | But I just tried it, and while it works for
> | single-page XSL transformations, it fails for chunked
> | output.  Saxon writes each of the files without a
> | <!DOCTYPE> and then outputs the <!DOCTYPE> to stdout.
> | Do you know why?
>
> I think you have to put the doctype-* entities on the saxon:output
> element.

I had the same problem for indented output: the procedure for single
files is documented, but you have to override the large named template
in chunk.xsl if you want to change output properties of chunked files.

I think these are nice candidates for some customisation parameters.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed