Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Problem with centering images using DSSSL stylesheets?

I'm having a problem with not being able to center graphics in either
the HTML or PDF files that I am generating.

First, my file is in DocBook 4.1.  I have Norman Walsh's 1.62 DSSSL
stylesheets installed.  I'm generating the HTML using openjade 1.3,
and generating the PDF using sgml2x (http://sgml2x.sourceforge.net/)

Per TDG, my code looks like:

<mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="images/server_and_gateway_mode.eps" format="eps" scale=50
scalefit=1 align="center">
</imageobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="images/server_and_gateway_mode.jpg" format="jpg"
align="center">
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>

This is working perfectly fine to generate the graphics in both HTML and
PDF. The only issue is that they are left-aligned.

In looking through the archives of this mailing list, it seemed like this
construction did work correctly with the XSL stylesheets. It does not
appear, however to work correctly with DSSSL.

I skimmed through Norm's code and could see that in docbook/print/
<mediaobject> and <imagedata> are referenced in "db31.dsl", but
<imagedata> essentially passes off all processing to the $img$ routine
inside of "dbgraph.dsl".  It does look like it is referencing the
'align' attribute... but then I'm not sure how to read it after that.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there another way to do this?  Or is
there an issue with the DSSSL?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739