Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XML editor for Windoze

Martin Perina wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know your suggestions for some Windoze XML editors
> for creating DocBook documents. Personally I prefer Emacs+PSGML, but
> our Windoze users are scared to death from these. Do you know some
> other more user friendly editors? I'd like them to have these features:
>
> 1) Support for some WYSIWYG mode editing
> 2) Support for Czech encodings WINDOWS-1250 and ISO-8859-2
> 3) Support for nice Emacs+PSGML features
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Martin Perina

Maybe you should also take a look at Epic from Arbortext. Saidly they
don't provide a download trial version on their website, so you have
to contact the sales to get a trial licence!!!!

Right now our authors are using XMetal, wich works not bad, but Epic
gots some buildin support for DocBook wich makes it easier to start
producing content. They also use some kind of propritary stylesheet
language calles FOSI to do the formatting in the WYSIWYG mode.

I've a testinstallation on my machine right now. Saidly untill now
I didn't found the time take a deep look at it, but seems that it
can do most of the stuff XMetal does or even more ;-)

Ciao,

Ali :-)

PIRONET NDH
Dipl.-Ing. Ali Saffari - Junior Consultant - SBU Software
Josef-Lammerting-Allee 14-18- 50933 Cologne - Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)221 770-1853 - Fax: +49 (0)221 770-1005
mailto:asaffari@pironet.com - http://www.pironet-ndh.com