Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to x-ref more elegant? (Docbook4.1)

Hello,

I just discovered that I miss a "smart" x-ref mechanism in
Docbook. The <xref> tag is only working for chapters/sections etc. But
I like to xref to images also.

In LaTeX for example this is no problem id there is a label on a image
the you get as reference text Fig. xx.xx and if it points to a section
you get X.XX.

Is there a similar smart possibility in Docbook? And if not, how do
you do the x-linking?

Thanks,
Carsten.