Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Does JadeTeX work? (& Juan's response)

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 10:58:48AM +0100, Juan R. Migoya wrote:
> I'm using Jadetex 3.4, DSSSL 1.62 and Jade 1.2.1 and it works fine.

Okay, but could I just confirm what you mean by "fine"?  Specifically,
can you tell me if you see any of these behaviours when you use
JadeTeX:

1. Erroneous page numbers: when a figure or a section near the bottom
   of a page gets wrapped over to the next page, the page number in
   the Table of Contents/List of Figures is the previous page (n-1),
   not the actual page (n).

2. The DSSSL print stylesheet setting %two-side% is ignored.  Or, in
   one-sided mode, extra blank pages appear at the end of chapters
   etc.

3. Page number restarts are ignored.  So, instead of having small
   Roman pages in the front matter (i, ii, iii...) and restarted
   Arabic numbers in the body matter (1, 2, 3...), you just get Arabic
   numbers all the way through.

If you can confirm that you don't encounter the above problems, then I
agree that JadeTeX works "fine" for you.

Thanks,
David

P.S.: I should tell you that RTF output works fine for me: It seems I
only have a problem with JadeTeX.