Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Admonition graphics for print (was Re: Still cannot getadmonition graphics)

From: Richard Sharpe <sharpe@ns.aus.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 19:06:00 +1000

>OK, I converted them to jpg

OK, jpg should work. Of course you need

>>(define admon-graphic-default-extension
>>  ;; REFENTRY admon-graphic-default-extension
>>  ;; PURP Admonition graphic file extension
>>  ;; DESC
>>  ;; Identifies the default extension for admonition graphics. This allows
>>  ;; backends to select different images (e.g., EPS for print, PNG for
>>  ;; PDF, etc.)
>>  ;; /DESC
>>  ;; AUTHOR N/A
>>  ;; /REFENTRY
>>  ".jpg")

When you run jade on myfile.sgml, it will build a file called myfile.log
Look there for error messages regarding the admonition graphics. For
example, if you are using "caution" it should give a message about
the file "caution.jpg" I would bet it is either looking in the wrong
directory or it is applying the wrong extension, looking for "caution.gif," for example.

The gif files that come with Norm's stylesheets are for 72 dpi screen
resolution. I have built some 600 dpi png graphics for print.

Hey Norm, you can have them if you want them.

--
Kevin M. Dunn
Professor of Chemistry