Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: programlisting and funcsynopsis problems

/ Carsten Wartmann <c.wartmann@gmx.net> was heard to say:
| First with:
|
| <programlisting>
| </programlisting>
|
| Produces in HTML and PDF:
|
| ----------------- grey box ----------------------
| 1 X
| 2 Y
| 3 Z
| 4
| -------------------------------------------------
|
| Line "4" is too much.

In a program listing, whitespace counts. You've got a linefeed after
the Z in your programlisting, so you get a linefeed in your output.

Also, there are some bugs in HTML browsers that sometimes put an extra
blank line after a pre (especially, for example, inside a table).

| My second problem is that funcsynopsis produces a nice look in HTML
| (bold and italic) but in PDF it is only a "Courier" font without any
| bold or italics.
|
| Michael pointed me to
|
| (define %funcsynopsis-decoration% #t) which I included to my print
| style but which did not make any difference in the PDF.
|
| I found two functions in print/dbsynop.dsl but have no clue what do
| do... ;-)

Hmm...it looks like it should work. Can you send me a sample document
that demonstrates your problem?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--