Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Generated text survey

Jon Willeke wrote:

> I pointed this out a while back:
>
>    <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200006/msg00026.html>
>
> An xref to a section has the trailing period, as well.  I proposed a kludge
> at the time, but I'd love it if someone more fluent in XSLT could fix it
> for good.

This should help:

<xsl:template name="number.xref">
  <xsl:param name="target" select="."/>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="$target" mode="label.content">
    <xsl:with-param name="punct"/>
  </xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

As a long term solution, there could be global stylesheet parameter
which can control puncation at the end of xrefs. AFAIK Norm posted few
days ago message here, from which is clear, that he now prepares
completly new system for generating automatic texts including xrefs. I
suppose that this code will be parametrized very well.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz