Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Bug Report: table alignment bug in DocBook HTMLstylesheets v1.36

/ Karl Critz <kcritz@mathworks.com> was heard to say:
| In the DocBook HTML stylesheets v1.36, the CALS table 'align'
| attribute is being assigned directly to the HTML table 'align'
| attribute.  A CALS table uses 'align' to be the default horizontal
| alignment of the cell contents.  An HTML table uses 'align' to
| designate how the table will lay out if it is placed immediately after
| another table or image.  Try creating a DocBook document with
| a series of tables with align='left' and you will get a strangely
| cascaded set of tables going off the page to the right.

Thanks. I found this recently, it's fixed in CVS.

| My workaround is not to use the 'align' attribute.  A good temporary
| fix would be to remove the code which sets the table align attribute.
| In the long run, tables should probably support this attribute
| correctly.

Yep.

| I have duplicated this bug report on sourceforge.  In the future,
| should I even bother sending bug reports to this list?

I'm not sure. I guess my inclination is to say yes so that everyone
sees them, but if everyone starts tracking the trackers at sourceforge
then it isn't necessary.

But thanks for filing it at SourceForge :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | This mortal life is a little thing,