Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: bold as emphasis role

Well as new user I got to say docbook is really hard to learn. There is lots
of documentation out there but its difficult to comprehend.

I tried the stuff below in mystyle.dsl file and it wouldn't work. I ended up
searching for help what the words "customization layer" mean. Regarding to
this page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/ch05.html

customization layer are the *.mod files. Am I suppose to edit those?

Then I did some more searching and I came upon this page:

	http://lists.omnipotent.net/sgmltools/199912/msg00026.html

And there it says:

	(element emphasis
	  (if (equal? (attribute-string (normalize "role")) "bold")
	    ($bold-seq$)
	    ($italic-seq$)))

which is slightly different from Jirka's suggestion and works(bolds, but
does not italic) for me when put in mystyle.dsl file.

Besides shouldn't the code above 'bold and italic' if <emphasis role="bold">
?

mk

"Kunath, Marcel" wrote:

> in html/dbinline.dsl but it will not italic or bold anything. It will be
> upright instead. I also tried adding my own style sheet as
> extension/override to docbook.dsl but the same result. db41,

"Jirka" answered:

<Following code works for me when put into customization layer:
<
<(element emphasis
<  (if (equal? (normalize "bold") (attribute-string (normalize "role")))
<      ($bold-seq$)
<      ($italic-seq$)))