Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: External-inlinegraphics

I am using <inlingraphic entityref="s-udelta"/>.  Further testing I tried
the <inlinemediaobject> tag and got the same results.  Below is a sample of
my test.

XML source

<para>The element x-axis is oriented along the length of the element from
node I toward node J. The
initial strain in the element (ISTRN) is given by <inlinemediaobject>
<imageobject> <imagedata entityref="s-udelta"/>
</imageobject></inlinemediaobject> /L, where <inlinemediaobject>
<imageobject> <imagedata entityref="s-udelta"/>
</imageobject></inlinemediaobject> is the difference between the element
length, L, (as defined by the I and  J node locations) and the zero-strain
length.</para>

 .fo file output

<fo:block space-before.optimum="1em" space-before.minimum="0.8em"
space-before.maximum="1.2em">
The element is defined by two nodes,  the cross-sectional area, an initial
strain, and the material properties.   The element x-axis is oriented along
the length of the element from node  I toward node J. The initial strain in
the element (ISTRN) is given by
<fo:external-graphic src="file:/fo_build/graphics/s-udelta.gif"
content-width="auto" content-height="auto" width="auto" height="auto"/> /L,
where
<fo:external-graphic src="file:/fo_build/graphics/s-udelta.gif"
content-width="auto" content-height="auto" width="auto" height="auto"/>  is
the difference between the element length, L, (as defined by the I and  J
node locations) and the
zero-strain length.</fo:block>

Thanks for the reply,

Joy

/ Joy Andree <joy.andree@ansys.com> was heard to say:
| How do I get an external-graphic to behave like a inlinegraphic and not
line
| break before and after the graphic?
|
|   <fo:external-graphic src="url({$filename})"
|     content-width="{$width}" content-height="{$height}"
|     width="auto" height="auto"/>

fo:external-graphic is an inline, or at least it's supposed to be.
Are you using inlinemediaobject or inlinegraphic in your source
document? If you're using mediaobject or graphic instead, then what's
actually getting generated is <fo:block><fo:external-graphic>...

If you are using inlinemediaobject, it's a bug. Either mine or FOPs,
but I can't tell which without a little more context.

| I also had to modify the style sheet and remove the url( ) to get the
| graphics to resolve.

That's a FOP bug.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm