Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: saxon

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 03:59:22PM -0400, Kunath, Marcel wrote:

> I was trying out an example but it gave me this error:
>
> F:\saxon\samples>java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet data\othello.xml
> styles\play.xsl
> dir=playhtml
> com/icl/saxon/StyleSheet
>
> It says to add the directory to the classpath. God knows what this means
> under Windows. I added
> f:\saxon to the System PATH variable. Doesn't help.

Adding the directory to the PATH variable isn't sufficient.  You
need to add the path to the file saxon.jar in the CLASSPATH variable.

Make sure your environment variable called CLASSPATH that contains
the path to saxon.jar.  Once you've done that, java can then find
com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet and Saxon can then process your document.

> What is the difference in this binary and the saxon.jar file and where do I
> get it (the binary) from?

The binary form is a prepackaged version of the same code; it's a
convenience for people who don't want/need to deal with setting up Java
to run Saxon on Windows.  :-)

http://users/iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon/saxon6.0.2/instant-saxon.zip

Z.