Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: chunker.xsl for EXSLT

Norman Walsh wrote:

> [ Followups to docbook-apps, please. ]
>
> / Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> was heard to say:
> | Attached is an adaptation of html/chunker.xsl from the DB stylesheets
> | which provides support for processors that support EXSLT
> | (http://exslt.org).  e.g. Saxon and 4XSLT.
>
> I've added exsltchunk.xsl and exsltchunker.xsl to CVS, but I can't
> tell if they work or not. 4XSLT (from 4Suite 0.11) doesn't support
> xsl:apply-imports and Saxon 6.3 doesn't seem to support
> exslt:document, so none of my tests succeed, although I think they should.

This is a known and fixed bug in 4Suite 0.11 (actually, I added the exslt chunker while fixing and testing the fix of this very apply-imports bug).  All works just fine with 4Suite 0.11.1b2

ftp://ftp.fourthought.com/pub/4Suite

I hope you don't mind downloading this update and confirming the fix,
and that the EXSLT chunker works for you.

As for SAXON, I too noticed missing exslt:document support when doing
comparative testing, but the Saxon home page does claim that version 6.3
supports EXSLT, so I'm not sure what's up.

XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management