Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Enumerating lists of tables and figures

Duckmeisters:

We're using DocBook 3.1, with version 1.3 of Norm's stylesheets for HTML
output. We're not too concerned with keeping up with the Joneses.

If we create a book with articles, the lists of tables and figures don't
progress across articles. To illustrate, suppose that article 1 has two tables
and one figure; article 2 has one table and two figures. The resulting LoT and
LoF respectively would be as follows:

LoT
1 .....
2 ....
1 ....

LoF
1 ....
1 ....
2 ....

Perhaps this is the normal convention for this kind of thing -- if so, I don't
particularly care for it.

Otherwise, if it's a bug, do the current stylesheets still behave this way?

Thanks

Andrew Westcombe

Documentation Manager
Gaming and Entertainment Technology (GET)