Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Newbie question about XMetaL and XEmacs

I'm an IT manager and I'm trying to move my group away from creating
documentation in Word to a more Web-friendly environment, such as by using
DocBook. I've spent some free time over the last few weeks investigating my
options and am at present working my way through a tutorial I found linked
from the OASIS site for setting up Emacs on Windows NT (by Markus
Hoenicka). I'm actually using XEmacs, so there are some slight differences
there.

I've also just downloaded a trial version of XMetaL, as I saw a note on the
OASIS site that indicated DocBook support "out of the box".

I am interested in feedback from those using DocBook on Windows as to which
environment they feel is most straightforward for a bunch of
non-professional writers. Secondly, XMetaL doesn't seem to support DocBook
(although its help uses the term DocBook in what seems a generic sense,
rather than relating to the DocBook DTD). Is it as straightforward as
applying the DocBook download archive to XMetaL to provide DocBook support?

Thanks in advance,

Des Dougan