Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Converting from DocBook/SGML to DocBook/XML

Aha, one I'm finally qualified to answer...

Changing the header might be enough.  It depends on your SGML.  XML
enforces closing of tags that might not have been enforced in SGML.  It
is also case sensitive, so if you have any old DocBook with Capitalized
tags or even ALLCAPS tags, you'll have to convert those.

The biggest document I've converted (~200 pages) so far, took me about
two hours to track down all the various issues.  While some of my
smaller docs were finished in 5 minutes.

The most consistent problem I found was that my <imagedata ...> tags
needed to be closed.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances