Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: docbook xml - paper based outputs?

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Nico Morgan wrote:
>
> > Is there an XSL template for RTF output?
>
> Actually not, but you may use DSSSL stylesheet and Jade to get RTF.
>
> > Company colourscheme adjustments before I print... My instinct with PDF is
> > to output to RTF, clean it up, add page breaks, add a nice cover page etc
> > in Word (I can hear the sharp intake of breath!) and then print to the
> > Acrobat Distiller.
>
> Yes, this toolchain produces quite better results than JadeTeX and
> PassiveTeX for me now, especially when you are using tables in your
> documents.

Can you suggest a solution for a Unix/Linux platform? I have a table
intensive
document in DocBook Xml that must get to PDF somehow. My expectation is
that
it would look like a real book, with a real index, and not look ugly.

--
Jeffrey L. Franks  (Web)  http://www.motiftools.org
                   (Mail) jfranks@quik.com