Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Modifying Qandaset Style in XSL

On 20010725 14:50 (Wednesday), Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I have a document with several Q and As and I am using <QandASet>;
> however I am unhappy with the way the Q and As are so bunched together
> in the html - no change in font or colour whatsoever.  I need a way to
> at least make the words in the question all bold, or a way to change the
> background colour of the cell containing the question so the questions
> stand out more.  I am a rookie in modifying XSL files, I've looked at
> qandaset.xsl but I have no clue where or how to start.  Thanks in
> advance for the help.

I would rather suggest you to use CSS to handle this little layout
problem in your generated HTML. This is CSS purpose to just do that.

For example in a file called style.css
body {
    margin: 1.1em 2em 5em 2em;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    /* Augmenting the space on top of headers */
    /* of an amount of 1/2 the orginal margin. */
    margin-top: 1.5em;
}

.sect1, .sect2 {
    /* Augmenting the space on top of headers */
    /* of an amount of 1/2 the orginal margin. */
    margin-top: 2em;
}

.question {
    font-weight: bold;
}

.answer {
    margin-left: 2em;
    margin-bottom: 3em;
}

And (if you use DSSSL) insert the following in your DSSSL stylesheet :

<xsl:param name="html.stylesheet">style.css</xsl:param>

or (if you use XSL) that in your XSL stylesheet :

(define %stylesheet%
    "style.css")

Real world example here :
http://ma.darche.free.fr/AFUL/