Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: EntityResolver for XSLT processor and catalog files

On 20010730 16:09 (Monday), Eric Richardson wrote:
> Thanks for the wrapper code below. Just had occasion to get it working
> with xalan 2.2D6.

I'm really glad it helps.

> Do you know if the entity resolver will fall back on
> the standard URL if the catalog entry is not found?

A simple test would answer your question.
Actually I'm at work right now and only have a DSSSL environment here.
My additional XSLT environment is at home.
I will try it when I get back, but you easily could too.

You only have to move/rename one of the DTDs that is needed and then
monitor your network traffic and see if any DTDs is being downloaded
during the process.
If the process comes successfully to its end and a DTD got downloaded,
then it means the entity resolver has fallen to the original URL (which
is on a foreign server on the Internet).

Well, a look on Norm's code would also give us the answer.

I'll check all this and post back, but I'm quite sure that the resolver
falls back on the standard URL.

Cheers,

--
Marc-Aurčle DARCHE  <http://ma.darche.free.fr>