Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook XML -> PDF Tool

Jeff Rancier wrote:

> I have a DocBook book written in XML (V4.1.2 of the DocBookx DTD) and want
> convert it to PDF.  Is there a tool which will accomplish this?

There are many options. For all of them you will need DocBook
stylesheets available from http://docbook.sourceforge.net

1. You can use DSSSL stylesheets with Jade and then pdfJadeTeX to get
PDF
2. You can use XSL FO stylesheets and some FO procesor (e.g. PassiveTeX)
to get PDF. You will also need some XSLT procesor (e.g. Saxon, XT,
Xalan) for applying FO stylesheet on your document.
3. You can use DSSSL stylesheet and Jade to get RTF version of your
document. Using MS Word and Adobe Distiller you can get PDF from your
RTF file.

The list is not complete, but these are probably most commonly used ways
to get PDF from DocBook source.

		Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz