Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Solution to funky TOCs in HTML Help...

>You should always have in mind that XML (and thus XML version of
>DocBook) is much more sensitive to spaces and newlines than most typical
>SGML appliacations. For example:

According to my XSLT book, XSLT has lots of ways to control the generation
of white-space nodes - elements like space, preserve-space, and strip-space
elements - in contrast to HTML where the spec is not very precise, and so
different browsers handle whitespace differently.

After playing with these elements, I still don't understand how they work,
but they're SUPPOSED to be useful  in stylesheets ...

Denis