Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: PDF images not appearing in PDF output.

Hi folks,

I've been banging my head on a problem for the past couple of days with
getting PDF images into my output PDF...

My toolchain is:

OpenJade 1.3->DSSSL 1.71/DTD 4.1->
PDFJadeTeX 3.10 (patched to fix the index page number problem)

My images have been converted from PS to Encapsulated PDF using
Sebastian's epstopdf script.  I can load the image into acroread and see
that the image has a bounding box and doesn't seem to have any problems.

When processing my document that contains the PDF, it's like the
mediaobject just disappears, though it's text label doesn't--but there
are no errors and no mention of the image in the logs (while all of the
PNG images do get mentioned in the logs as they are being processed).
I'm not even sure where to start looking for the problem, since it seems
that the processor is just skipping right over the PDF image without
even thinking about it.

I've modified my DTD to include PDF in the following manner (file is
dbnotn.mod):

<!ENTITY % notation.class
                 "BMP| CGM-CHAR | CGM-BINARY | CGM-CLEAR | DITROFF | DVI
                 | EPS | EQN | FAX | GIF | GIF87a | GIF89a
                 | JPG | JPEG | IGES | PCX | PDF
                 | PIC | PNG | PS | SGML | TBL | TEX | TIFF | WMF | WPG
                 | linespecific
                 %local.notation.class;">

and...

<!NOTATION PDF          SYSTEM "PDF">

And I've added pdf to the following in the stylesheets:

(define %graphic-extensions%
   '("eps" "epsf" "gif" "tif" "tiff" "jpg" "jpeg" "pdf" "png"))

All to no avail...I still end up with nothing but the text label for the
image in my generated PDF.  I've tried with the default print stylesheet
as well, on the guess that maybe I have broken something with my various
customizations, but the results are the same.

Anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong here?

Thanks for any enlightenment anyone can provide.
                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances