Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: best tool for docbook?

The best results with CSS level 2 I got using the Opera 5.12 browser. Netscape 6.01 gets close but misses a few items. IE5.5 does well with CSS level 1 but is week in level 2 features like pseudoelements (needed to provide automatic numbering, bullets an other stuff). The free version of  Opera id "adware", but has the same funcionality as the registered commercial version. I use it as my default browser.

If you want to do XSLT in the browser to produce the CSS-styled [X]HTML, I don't know other option besides IE5.5 with MSXML3. However, since its XSLT 1.0 conformance stinks, you will have to be spiritually prepared. Server-side XSLT is much more reliable.

Jaccoud

Eric Richardson <eric.richardson@milagrosoft.com>

21/08/2001 12:23