Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Font size

> From: Vladimir G Ivanovic <vladimir@acm.org>
>
> When I processed my DocBook 3.1 SGML files with DSSSL and OpenJade, I got
> 10pt PDF output. Now, when I process the same files (modulo minor
> changes) as DocBook 4.1.2 XML files with the DocBook XSL stylesheets to
> FO, I get 12pt output.
>
> How do I customize DocBook/XSL/whatever to get 10pt output? I tried
> creating a local file, "progguide.xsl" with contents:
> [stuff deleted]
> So, how *does* one change the default font-size for a DocBook-FO document?

Generally you should look in fo/param.xsl in the XSL
stylesheet distribution to see if there is a parameter
controlling the FO feature you want to customize.  In this
case, there is:

<xsl:param name="body.font.master">10</xsl:param>

As you can see, the default is already 10pt.  When I use
the fo/docbook.xsl stylesheet, I get this root element at
the top of my fo output:

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
font-family="Times Roman"
font-size="10pt"
text-align="justify">

The font-size property is inherited down through ancestors,
so any text that isn't marked for a different size should
get 10pt.  When you process your file with the stock
fo/docbook.xsl stylesheet, does your fo output file say
12pt in the root element?

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com