Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Cover Art

I've posted a similar feature request for fo at source forge, along with
an ugly hack that gets a "cover" in (but throws page numbering off):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=450559&group_id
=21935&atid=373750

David

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 02:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com>
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org, mcortez@fullcoll.edu

> From: Michael Cortez <mcortez@fullcoll.edu>
>
> I am having difficulty in getting Cover Art to show up on documents
rendered
> via XSL for HTML or PDF...
>
> I took a look at the source XML for "DocBook: The Definitive Guide"
and saw
> that the title image was placed in the <BookInfo> section -- that is
where I
> added mine.
>
> But, it doesn't show up in the resulting HTML or PDF documents 8-(

Looking at the titlepage templates in XSL 1.42, it
appears there is no template for mediaobject or graphic.
So you aren't doing anything wrong, it just doesn't
work yet.

I recommend you file that omission as a bug in sourceforge.
Of course, it isn't immediately clear to me where such
a graphic would appear, relative to title, author, etc.
Different people may want it in different places.
Perhaps it was not included because that is a designer
issue that requires customization.  It could be
handled with a parameter that specifies which element
it should appear before, something like:

<xsl:param name="place.bookinfo.graphic.before"
	select="'title'"/>

or some such.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com