Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Some questions on FO XSLT

wongkokwai@asia1.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a test file to illustrate my point about using endterm. First, DocBook XSL shows a
> n error message:
>
> file:///c:/docbook-xsl-1.44/fo/xref.xsl; Line 290; Column 30; 0Endterm points to
>  nonexistent ID: c02_title
>
> But the ID does exists.
>
> And then FOP crashes due to, I guess, incorrectly generated FO file.
>
> I hope this will give you more clue.
Hi,
I took a look at your doc and it does not validate to docbook xml 4.1.2.
After each sect1 you need a title and the linkend attribute is required
in the link element. Refer to <para>Points to <link
endterm="c02_title"/>.</para> where the linkend is missing. This could
be part of the problem.

I'm not much of a docbook markup expert but with Java XML tools, you
can't process much if your doc doesn't validate. FYI I'm using Emacs,
Psgml and sp(nsgmls) for validation in emacs before processing with
Xalan. Emacs and psgml really helps make sure you put the right elements
and attributes in your doc as you are typing IMHO.

Eric