Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Xalan & Big Files & Chunking...

Okay, I searched the archives and found stuff about Xalan and Chunking, but
nothing that looked like this.

So...

I'm using:
* xalan-j_2_2_D9
* docbook-xsl-1.42
* docbkx412

I have some huge XML files that I'm processing (3mb) and discovered that
Xalan tends to blow up if I process the entire file at once.  So I broke it
up into three smaller files, that I can successfully process with the
autoidx.xsl to produce three large HTML files.

I would rather Chunk it, so I tried substituting the chunk.xsl file for my
autoidx.xsl on the command line, and now it just, uh, twiddles it's thumbs?
Xalan fires up and sucks up CPU & memory, but never exits (I waited an hour,
when I processed w/ autoidx it took about one minute) and doesn't produce
any output files...

CMDLINE:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in file.xml -xsl xsl\html\chunk.xsl -out
html\file.htm -PARAM use.extensions 1

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

--
Mike