Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: Fop-0.20.1 Image Problems

On 27 Aug 2001, at 14:01, Norman Walsh wrote:

> [ This thread belongs on docbook-apps. ]
>
> / Jeff Iezzi <jeff.iezzi@semanticedge.com> was heard to say:
> | I have confirmed your problem with the 1.40 style sheets and it
> | looks like graphics.xsl is not getting the value of the fop.extensions
> | parameter.

Sorry for replying to a thread on the wrong list.

To recap the discussion, there was a posting on the DocBook list
saying that FOP was not able to process images correctly with the
DocBook XSL style sheets.

I tried to investigate the problem and posted a debugging aid
yesterday. Unfortunately, I missed some important details like
setting my CLASSPATH to use norm's extensions and changing
my customization layer to include the use.extensions parameter.

After making those changes, I still cannot process an XML file.
FOP uses the extensions correctly. (There's not a problem with the
fop.extensions parameter in the style sheets). However, FOP
blows stack when it reaches an image in my document.

If I am wrong, please correct me. I believe the problem is with FOP,
not norm's style sheets. In particular, I believe it has to do with
FOP's ability to scale images.

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH::$TEMPLATE_HOME/extensions/xal
an2.jar

[ customization layer ]

<?xml version='1.0'?>
                version='1.0'
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/transitional">

<xsl:import href="docbook.xsl"/>

<!-- Use extensions -->
<xsl:param name="use.extensions" select="'1'"/>

<!-- Use FOP extensions -->
<xsl:param name="fop.extensions" select="1"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

[ graphics.xsl aid ]

<xsl:template name="process.image">
  <xsl:if test="$fop.extensions != 0">
    <xsl:message terminate="no">
      <xsl:text>Parameter is set to use FOP extensions</xsl:text>
    </xsl:message>
  </xsl:if>

[:>|

Jeff Iezzi