Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: OpenJade vs. OpenSP.

Kevin,

OpenSP is the SGML/XML parser and associated utilities. OpenJade is the
DSSSL engine and "back-ends" that generates the formatted output.

OpenSP can be used stand-alone to validate SGML and XML instances. It is
also possible to integrate OpenSP into another application, such as an XML
authoring tool.

OpenJade uses OpenSP for parsing. In theory, OpenJade could use some other
SGML parser.

This is a fairly simplistic answer. I hope it helps.

Gershon