Subject: Re: Merging chunking stylesheets (Was Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: toc generationsolved.)

/ Dan York <dyork@e-smith.com> was heard to say:
| > Fair point. Actually, I was thinking about merging more of the chunking
| > functionality into the main stylesheets anyway...because...because...uhm
|
| Great!  As someone maintaining multiple XSLT customization layers (one
| for Mitel, one for the LDP), it would be great to only have one stylesheet
| to import.... but... how would you then call it?  Would there be a parameter
| that would need to be set to have a file chunked?

I think there would still have to be two stylesheets, one for chunking
and one for not chunking. The great advantage of XSLT in this regard
is that the templates can be used to determine how chunking should be
done.  (Compare this with the nightmare of calculation in the DSSSL
stylesheets...)

| > Oh, right, because I wanted to be able to call write.chunk for getting
| > 'generate-legalnotice-link' to work, but that requires the chunking code
| > even if you aren't "chunking".
|
| Cool!   It will be great to have that working, as it was one of the
| annoyances in moving from the DSSSL stylesheets to XSLT. (The fact that
| all the legalnotice stuff no longer is on a separate HTML page.)

It works now from CVS. Just use the onechunk.xsl file and turn on the
generate.legalnotice.link parameter.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--