Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Strategies & Tips Sought for Single Sourcing w/DocBook

Hi list...

... I intend to do a similar thing but after reading some of the Definitve
Guide and Learning XML (both O'Reilly), I concluded that I was better off
introducing a customization layer with special attributes (not that I knew
right now how to any of this ;-))... Does anyone have any hints on
advantages and drawbacks of either approach? I would prefer 'the XML way',
though.

Thanks a lot for bearing with all of us beginners,

Peter.

P.S.: Just FYI, currently, all docs that we produce are in Word97 format,
and new editions are to be made by copying a .doc file and editing that
(please don't comment on this, I know it's a brilliant approach). To change
that and get 'official' support inside the company, I want to show XML
'effectiveness' on a document (probably read: set of documents) that
describes a particular system on a more or less high level with the
variations/customizations of the system due to customer requirements
contained in the same document.

---
Peter Cornelius	Customer Training ATC
COMSOFT GmbH		email:	cornelius@comsoft.de