Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Strategies & Tips Sought for Single Sourcing w/DocBook

Re...

Norman wrote:

> If you want to have conditional text in DocBook XML, the effectivity
> attributes are the way to go. There's no need to create new
> attributes, they're provided in the stock DTD.

Maybe I missed something when I read but I was (am?) convinced that for what
I wanted I would need to create a custom layer. I'll re-read that stuff, I
suppose... and experiment.

> Then do as Jirka suggested, convert "profiled XML DocBook" to "a
> single profile XML DocBook" document then format that for
> presentation.

This is something that indeed is interesting just because it seems 'natural'
and I did not think of beforehand.

I'll speak up again when I run into trouble (could be some time though).

Thanks for the suggestions,

cheers,

Peter.

---