Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: External graphics in RTF backend

Our docbook toolchain was set up some time ago by a sysadmin who has since
left, and I have been loathe to tinker with it. But our RTF output is held
back by one very obvious problem: images are not included.

Our system:

-- SGML DocBook 3.1
-- Norm's DSSSL stylesheets 1.70
-- jade 1.2.1
-- Debian linux x86.
-- all our graphics are called using filerefs.

Judging by the jade documentation, externally-called graphics are going to
be a problem on any platform other than Windows (since the external-graphic
object calls OLE). Is this the case? Are there any workarounds?

Thanks,

Andrew Westcombe
Documentation Manager
Gaming and Entertainment Technology (GET)
ph  02-9419-2000               email: asw@getsystems.com