Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: color coding

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 12:47:24PM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Arjan Huijzer wrote:
>
> > I would like to process those program listings and output to html/xml:fo
> > with color coding. Are there extensions to the XSL stylesheets that can
> > apply such color coding or should I write them from scratch?
>
> By color coding you mean syntax highliting? AFAIK there is no such XSLT
> extensions. I'm thinkig about writing such extension about one year,
> unfortunately I hadn't time to write it. If you want to write it, I can
> share some ideas with you.

What about modifying GNU a2ps (http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/)
or code2html (http://www.palfrader.org/code2html/), which already
implement syntax highlignting for a number of languages ?

a2ps especially has support for an impressive list of languages
(http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/sheets/).

Maybe the author would be interested in modularizing the output layer
so that other formats (ie. docbook) than postscript could be produced.
I CC the a2ps list.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre