Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Need help including c source

> From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com>
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:42:53AM -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
> > > From: Yann Dirson <ydirson@alcove.fr>

> > > Instead of using an entity, you can use:
> > >
> > > <imagedata fileref="foo.c" format="linespecific">
> > >
> > > That roughly means, consider foo.c as an image encoded in the
> > > "linespecific" format - not a common way of looking at things, but
> > > semantically correct I think.
> > >
> > > docbook-dsssl 1.73 should work out-of-the box with this construct, I
> > > don't know for sure about docbook-xsl, which I don't use.
> >
> > Docbook-xsl should handle it if you are using Saxon or
> > Xalan processors, but not libxslt yet.  It requires
> > setting the params 'use.extensions' and
> > 'textinsert.extension' to 1 so the text
> > insertion extensions in Saxon or Xalan will be utilized.
>
>   Embedding source examples is really important.
> Is there a description of those extension ? A pointer
> would be welcome. I assume foo.c is an URI-Reference.

You would have to ask Norm about descriptions of the
extensions.  The Saxon extension is called
from the graphics.xsl stylesheet file as follows:

  <xsl:when test="contains($vendor, 'SAXON')">
     <stext:insertfile href="{$filename}"/>
  </xsl:when>

using this namespace:

   xmlns:stext="http://nwalsh.com/xslt/ext/com.nwalsh.saxon.TextFactory"

and the source code located in the XSL distribution in:

  extensions/saxon643/com/nwalsh/saxon/TextFactory.java

Don't ask me for an explanation, though.  8^)

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com