Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Saxon 6.4.3 MalformedURLException error

> From: Gershon L Joseph <gershon@mainsoft.com>
>
> I've installed Instant Saxon 6.4.3 on Windows 2000, as well as the DocBook
> XSL stylesheets version 1.45. When I run Saxon, I get the following error:
>
> Error
>   java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: u
> Transformation failed: run-time errors were reported
>
> I'm using this command to run Saxon:
> C:\home\gershon\test>saxon
> M:\doc\doc\products\MainWin\techdoc\src\docset.xml
> C:\tools\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.45\htmlhelp\htmlhelp.xsl
>
> I get the same errors if I call the htmlhelp.xsl stylesheet or the
> html.xsl, so it seems to relate to my installation...
>

> Has anyone got any ideas as to what's wrong?

How does the DOCTYPE declaration in your document
refer to the DocBook DTD?  If it is resolving
(either directly or through a catalog lookup) to
a pathname with a Windows drive letter, you will
get that error.  The DTD reference is treated as a URI,
and URIs can start with 'http:' or 'ftp:' or some
other protocol.  It thinks the drive letter is a
protocol.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com