Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Saxon 6.4.3 MalformedURLException error

At 01:07 PM 21/10/2001 -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
> > From: Gershon L Joseph <gershon@mainsoft.com>
> > <snip>
>get that error.  The DTD reference is treated as a URI,
>and URIs can start with 'http:' or 'ftp:' or some
>other protocol.  It thinks the drive letter is a
>protocol.
>
>bobs

Is the 'file:' prolog not permissible as well, e.g.,
"file:///c:/dtds/dbk/docbook.dtd"? I think the number of initial slashes is
a bit controversial; the number may depend on whether a drive letter is
present. The fact all slashes are forward and not back is less
controversial. Implementations differ on these points I think.

...edN