Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: pdfTeX and PNG images

--5scqBHJkaHHnMcIt

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 08:14:22PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Looks like a botched installation.  I have tetex-1.0.7-7 as contained in
> Red Hat 7.0.

The libpng ABI changed but the soname didn't, and the teTeX RPM didn't
get rebuilt.  Unfortunately it didn't get caught in time.

In theory, you should just be able to rebuild the package using 'rpm
--rebuild tetex*.src.rpm' to get a working set-up; in practice, the
LaTeX included in that package will complain that it is too old.

I think that the teTeX package from Red Hat Linux 7.2 should work on
Red Hat Linux 7.0, so you might want to give that a go.

Tim.
*/

--5scqBHJkaHHnMcIt

--5scqBHJkaHHnMcIt--