Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Stylesheet for remapping/renaming elements

> From: David Cramer <david_cramer@broadjump.com>
>
> Mike,
> When you use an article with sections as the basis for a
> help system, do you also modify the chunk and htmlhelp
> stylesheets so that all sectio= ns chunk?
>
> <article>
> <!-- chunk 1 -->
>   <title>Welcome</title>
>   <para>blah</para>
> <!-- chunk 2 -->
>   <section>
> =09<title>section</title>
> =09<para>blah</para>
> <!-- I want a chunk here -->
> =09<section>
> =09  <title>subsection</title>
> =09  <para>blah</para>
> <!-- And maybe even a chunk here -->
> =09  <section>
> =09=09<title>subsubsect</title>
> =09=09<para>blah</para>
> =09  </section>
> =09</section>
>   </section>
> </article>
>
> I'm asking because I hacked away at the chunk and htmlhelp
> stylesheet s for a while trying to get all sections to
> chunk, but without much luck--I'd get one part or another
> to work, but not everything at once
> .
> Is there a hidden chunk.subsection.depth parameter
> somewhere that I'd missed?

No such parameter, but there could be if you care
to file a feature request on DocBook SourceForge.  8^)

I went through my notes on how chunking works, and
concluded that this is not a simple tweak in a
customization layer.  The chunk elements are written into a
couple of long atemplates named "chunk" and
"chunk-filename" in the file chunk-common.xsl.  But a
parameter and extra code in those templates should be able
to handle it.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com