Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook to man pages XSL

We gave db2man a try. The biggest problem we found was that the nroff output
does not appear to format tables - each cell is rendered on a separate line.
If db2man is still under development, I wonder if formatted text would be a
better output than nroff, which some flavors of UNIX no longer support.

In fact, the whole experience makes me think that maybe a docbook -> text
style sheet is the best general solution. For now, we've resorted to running
our refentry documents through html.xsl, then hacking the html to formatted
text. The last step turns out to be surprisingly difficult.

Many thanks,
Denis