Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Meaning of an error

Araya-san wrote:

> I've tried running Fop on a document using Docbook and the stylesheets 1.44
> and get the following error:
>
> [...]
>
> [ERROR]: The id "N48" already exists in this document
>
> What does it mean? Any workaround?

Second guess, you don't have the DocBook DTD declared in your original xml
file.  You need to process the XML --> FO part with something like this:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.4//EN"
                   "./docbook/xml/docbookx.dtd" []>

in your original DocBook XML file.  If the DTD is not there, then the IDs
don't get declared correctly and all kinds of havoc breaks loose with FOP
reporting duplicate IDs when there's only one instance and/or missing IDs
when they've been double and triple checked to be there.

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/