Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: [szucker@mac.com: Re: docbook.dcl related errorswith openjade]

Sasha Zucker <szucker@mac.com> writes:

> CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/dsssl/docbook-dsssl-nwalsh/catalog"
> CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/dtd/docbook/catalog"
> CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/entities/iso8879/catalog"
> CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/openjade-1.3/dsssl/catalog"
> CATALOG "/sw/share/xml/dtd/docbookx/catalog"

As long as your software doesn't support DELEGATE you must not mix
catalogs; esp. don't mix non-XML and XML catalogs.  Without supplying a
proper SGMLDECL for every flavor you are not able to verify your
documents properly -- maybe, verfication isn't important to you, though.

> On the bright side, the package finally installs correctly. All I have
> to do post install is comment out the DTDDECL directives.

Since these are just warnings you can leave them in (and better patch
(o)nsgmls instead).

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o