Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: website dtd newbie

>> Should this be expected to work for SGML catalogs?  I tried the
>> following mapping of system id to system id (analogous to the XML
>> version) in my SGML catalog:
>>
>> SYSTEM
>> "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl"
>> "file:///home/alex/packages/share/sgml/docbook-xsl-1.46-experimental"
>>
>> Is this the correct syntax?

-> No, it looks like you are mapping a URI for a specific file to a
-> directory.  You need to map it to the exact stylesheet file you are
-> importing.

Whoops, well spotted, my mistake, I should have spotted that (it was
pretty late at night).  Nevertheless if I change it to the correct
location, I still get the error:

SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml/catalog:catalog xsltproc --parsection.autolabel 1 --param use.extensions 1 --catalogs --nonet  -o biostat_rhtml html.xsl biostat_ref.xml
Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl
compilation error: file html.xsl line 8 element import
xsl:import : unable to load http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl

Here is my full catalog:

OVERRIDE YES
PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2/docbookx.dtd"

OVERRIDE YES
SYSTEM
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl"
"/home/alex/packages/share/sgml/docbook-xsl-1.46-experimental/html/docbook.xsl"

The error in both cases, however, is that it can't load the network
entity, which it should never attempt to do if the catalog is using
the local system id.  If it was simply the case that my system id was
wrong (as in my previous post), I would have expected an error like:

Attempt to load
/home/alex/packages/share/sgml/docbook-xsl-1.46-experimental
compilation error: file html.xsl line 8 element import
xsl:import : unable to load /home/alex/packages/share/sgml/docbook-xsl-1.46-experimental

-> When I use your example with a customization like yours, it works
-> with xsltproc.  But be aware that there was a version of xsltproc
-> (actually libxml2) that was broken regarding catalogs.  I'm using
-> libxml2-2.4.10 and libxslt-1.0.7.

Interesting, yes I had heard abou that, I, too, am using these exact
version:

[alex@delpy Swarm]$ rpm -q libxml2 libxslt
libxml2-2.4.10-2
libxslt-1.0.7-4

Could you post the customization layer you are using?  I take it you
are using the `--nonet' option to xsltproc to specifically *prevent*
it from loading any files from the net?

Thanks,

Alex