Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: New experimental XSL release

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| At 16:16 28/11/2001 -0600, Matthew Braun wrote:
|
| >Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
| > >Please beat on it and report problems.
| >
| >Although the following document formats successfully with FOP 0.20.1
| >and the stylesheets for 1.44, 1.45-experimental and 1.46-experimental,
| >it fails with the 1.47-experimental version.  I suppose this could be a
| >FOP bug (I haven't grabbed 20.2 yet...)
|
| Looks like Norm has moved to the new xsl-fo rec with this release.
| I don't think fop has just yet.

Right. I should have added an explicit warning to that effect. I'll
hack up a stylesheet to convert "proper" FO documents back to what FOP
expects.

I asked the FOP guys when they might get around to updating FOP to
reflect this aspect of the Recommendation and they said probably not
for a "a few months". That's too long. Now that Sebastian and RenderX
are both conformant, I'll get more bug reports if I don't change than
if I do.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--