Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Problems with olink

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:51:52AM +0100, Giuseppe Greco wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Attached to this email you will find the generated
> .olink file.
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <fot>
> <sequence writing-mode="left-to-right">
> <sequence>
> <a name="R03E-GLOSSARY"/>
> <text>The Regie Project</text>
> <sequence>

As I suspected, this is not an olink file.
An olink file looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE div PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBook OLink Summary V1.0//EN">
  <ttl>OLink Semantics in the DocBook DSSSL Stylesheets</ttl>
    <ttl>Understanding OLink</ttl>
      <ttl>OLink</ttl>

There is one <div> element for each division (book, chapter,
section, article, etc.) in your document.
Something is going wrong in your processing steps that
puts the wrong output into your .olink file.  The
olink/olink.dsl stylesheet outputs <div> elements,
as you can see if you look at the stylesheet code.
I don't see how it could output <fot> etc.

I think there will be another problem, though.
It looks like you want to olink to glossary entries.
If so, the current olink.dsl stylesheet doesn't
record glossary entry information, so olinks to
them won't work.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com